B.C. CAMPING AND RECREATION GUILD FOR CHRISTIAN SCIENTISTS
871 Green Road, Bowen Island, BC, V0N 1G2, Canada
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00-$23.00 per hour based on experience
Work remotely: No
The primary mission of Camp Bow-Isle is to offer an outdoor, recreational, cultural, and spiritual program to enable individuals and families to recognize their spirituality and cherish each other through the practical application of Christian Science.
With more than 200 acres of trees and trails and less than a mile from the beach, Camp Bow-Isle is well situated for swimming, canoeing, sailing, hiking, and games. Each summer, young people ages 8 – 17 come to camp for activities and a sense of fellowship among other Christian Scientists, during our youth and family sessions.
We offer swimming, canoeing, sailing, hiking, campfires, a trampoline, a ropes course, a zipline, crafts, rock climbing, overnight trips, great food, and fantastic games. All of our programs are designed to help students of Christian Science gain a better understanding of their relationship to God, to enjoy fellowship with other Christian Scientists, and to have fun! Camp Bow-Isle is an aspiring member of the BC Camps Association.
B.C. CAMPING AND RECREATION GUILD FOR CHRISTIAN SCIENTISTS, a Society with the operating name “Camp Bow-Isle”, offers an outdoor, recreational, cultural, and spiritual program to enable individuals and families to recognize their spirituality and cherish each other through the practical application of Christian Science. We offer swimming, canoeing, sailing, hiking, campfires, a trampoline, a ropes course, crafts, rock climbing, overnight trips, great food, and fantastic games. All our programs are designed to help students of Christian Science gain a better understanding of their relationship to God, to enjoy fellowship with other Christian Scientists, and to have fun! We are currently seeking a Camp and Program Leader to successfully lead and execute our vision and strategies set by the Executive Board of Camp Bow-Isle.
– Responsible for the successful leadership of the “Junior” and “Senior” girls camp sessions (“Girls Camp”).
– Works with Camp Manager and Executive Director while hiring, training, leading, and managing all of the counselors and activities for those camp sessions.
– Assists with running the program for Family Camp sessions.
- Assists with programming when needed during Boys Camps.
– Responsible for the successful leadership of the Bowen Island Outdoor Centre (BIOC) programs in the shoulder seasons.
– The Camp and Program Leader is an active student of Christian Science, demonstrating the highest standard of Christian Science practice on a daily basis, both privately and as a role model for campers and staff.
– They metaphysically support Camp Bow-Isle daily. The Camp and Program Leader interacts with everyone who comes into contact with Camp Bow-Isle, at any time and for any reason, in a manner that maintains and upholds a loving atmosphere that blesses all.
– The Camp and Program Leader will make monthly reports to the Employer’s Executive Board (the “Board”) relating to work as Girls Camp and BIOC leader.
– Other duties as required by the Executive Director or Executive Board.
The Camp and Program Leader strives to provide the highest quality camp program. This includes:
– Creating opportunities for spiritual, mental, and physical growth.
- Maintaining the current program, including separate sessions for ages and genders.
– Continuing to expand and improve the quality of program activities offered, enabling campers to gain outdoor skills.
– Helping campers and parents to link the camp experience to life at church, home, and school.
– Recognizing that program activities are a means to an end, not ends unto themselves. o Ensuring that campers are physically and emotionally safe while at camp.
– Be an active member of the Mother Church and branch church.
– Be a class-taught Christian Scientist (or actively working towards) who annually attends a Christian Science association meeting.
– Have ethical and moral behavior in both personal and professional dealings.
– Be an experienced leader, team builder, and manager.
– Work year-round an average of 35 hours a week.
– Have a genuine fondness for and ability to relate to children of all ages, parents, donors, and others.
– Have 5 years or more, of experience at a summer camp or residential program.
ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS
– Vacation & benefits: 20 days of paid vacation; Ferry Card, Year-round housing and utilities, Meals during summer months.
– Languages: English.
– Education: Bachelor’s degree.
– Experience: 5 years or more.
– Additional Skills: Train and supervise staff; Leading/instructing groups; Assist with special events; Prepare reports; Leading/instructing individuals.
– Work Setting: Camp.
– Business Address: 871 Green Road, Bowen Island, BC, V0N 1G2, Canada
– Security and Safety: Criminal record check.
– Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel – Travel and relocation expenses paid by the employer.
– Ability to Supervise: 11-15 people
How to apply: If you are interested in an exciting career with Camp Bow-Isle, please forward your cover letter and resume to Board@bowisle.ca. PLEASE NOTE THE JOB TITLE AND THIS WEBSITE IN THE SUBJECT LINE. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
© 2023 BC Camps Association