Apply Here: http://bit.ly/2EwKBRB
- Follow your first aid training and stay within your scope of practice
- Administering camper’s daily medications
- Providing first aid to injured campers
- Communicating with parents when needed
- Ensuring all first aid supplies are well stocked and in good condition
- Keeping all camper’s first aid documents organized and confidential
- Liaising with kitchen staff regarding camper’s allergies and diet restrictions
- Keeping the First aid room clean a sanitary
- The First Aid Attendant is a member of a dynamic Program team. Other duties will be necessary at times in order to meet the needs of the operations.
Required Certifications & Experience
- Staff Training: June 24th to 28th 2023.
- Summer camp season: July 2nd through August 25th, 2023
- Preference may be given to candidates who can work groups beginning in late March/ Early April and extend through late October
- A valid First Aid Certificate of a minimum of an OFA 2 or a 40+ hour wilderness as well as a valid CPR certification. Higher first aid certifications are desirable and would be considered asset.
- Educational backgrounds with special relevance to healthcare or first responding considered an asset
- Criminal reference check with a vulnerable sectors search no later than six months prior to the start date
- Compensation begins at $135/day, with an increase of up to $7/day, according to experience and certifications. Free room and board is also provided when programs are in session.
- ELFES is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to uphold human rights, value the inclusion of all members of our community, and strive to create a safe and fun environment for everyone to explore forests
- We acknowledge that Evans Lake is located near Ch’iyakmesh on the unceded territory of Skwxwú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish Nation)
- To apply: Fill out our online application form at http://bit.ly/2EwKBRB