Apply Here: http://bit.ly/2EwKBRB
Inclusion staff ensure all the fun and excitement of the forest is accessible to all campers regardless of their ability. Inclusion staff provide one-on-one, 24-hour care and support to campers ages 8 to 16 with developmental or physical disabilities who need additional support through daily camp activities. They work alongside cabin leaders and instructors who deliver activities like hikes, camp-wide games, outdoor recreational activities, and many more spontaneous events.
- Provide one-on-one support to campers who need additional support throughout daily camp life.
- Support campers through activities such as canoeing, archery, crafts, low ropes, and overnight hikes.
- Provide or support campers with personal care, such as toileting, as needed.
- Use resources and the help of other staff to adapt camp programming to campers’ needs and abilities when necessary.
- Work directly with the Inclusion Coordinator and Senior staff to ensure we meet each camper’s individual needs.
- Must be able to hike up to 15 km carrying a pack of up to 50lbs.
- Work Transport Bus stops from metro Vancouver/ Squamish as needed.
- Other duties as assigned (e.g. cleaning cabins and program areas).
Required Certifications & Experience
- Staff Training - June 24th to 28th, 2023
- Summer camp season - July 2nd through August 25th, 2023
- First Aid Certificate (minimum an 8-hour basic certificate that includes CPR).
- Previous experience working with children in an outdoor setting (with an environmental focus is even better!).
- Additional certifications are assets, including NL certifications, an advanced first aid certification, a Class 4 or 5 driver’s license, and certifications in paddling, rock climbing, outdoor recreation & leadership, and education.
- Criminal reference check with a vulnerable sectors search no later than six months prior to the start date .
- Compensation begins at $130/day, with an increase of up to $5/day, according to experience and certifications. Free room and board is also provided when programs are in session
- ELFES is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to uphold human rights, value the inclusion of all members of our community, and strive to create a safe and fun environment for everyone to explore forests.
- We acknowledge that Evans Lake is located near Ch’iyakmesh on the unceded territory of Skwxwú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish Nation)
- To apply: Fill out our online application form at http://bit.ly/2EwKBRB